JOB TITLE: Sales and Marketing Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: VP of Sales and Marketing
LOCATION: Carlsbad, CA
The Sales & Marketing Coordinator is an integral part of the Sales and Marketing Department. The selected candidate will assist both clients and the team through each step of the sales/marketing process, helping them socialize the products/services, resolve concerns or questions they may have while processing, tracking, all while communicating with other departments efficiently. A couple of core responsibilities will be keeping the team up to speed on renewals and keeping necessary paperwork/digital files up to date.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Be on-call during business hours to operate the Expedition Communications chat
- Open leads and work with leadership to pass the lead off to a Sales Associate
- Maintaining an accessible and organized cloud-based filing system for sales and marketing
- In conjunction with the VP of Sales & Marketing create product leave behinds, training guides, etc.
- Research and itemize relevant publications, trade shows, trade associations, podcasts, etc. that might be good for Expedition Communications
- In conjunction with the Marketing Manager create and organize marketing collateral, images, and website content.
- Creating Sales Orders, inputting bandwidth orders, and request/send invoices as needed for US and Puerto Rico
- Assist with billing reconciliation for Expedition Communications US and Puerto Rico
- Assist with ensuring double checks that installation timelines are being met.
- Aid management team members and executives as needed
- Perform data entry duties regarding metrics, sales figures and other key data, and reporting
- Expediting requests data usage, rush orders and altering sales orders and shipping information as required
A Sales & Marketing Coordinator needs to have excellent interpersonal skills to work efficiently within a collaborative team environment while having the ability to complete tasks and make decisions independently. Other essential skills include:
- Computer literacy: In addition to data entry and typing, the coordinator needs to have knowledge of Excel, Word, and Power Point at a min. Nice to have skills include knowledge of image editing programs such as Photoshop, Canva, or others. Experience working with a CRM such as Zoho CRM or SalesForce is a major plus but not required.
- Time management and organization: The team uses a variety of organization methods, including calendar management, to handle multiple projects at one time and completing tasks efficiently and quickly. Good time management & organizational skills are a must.
- Customer service: The candidate needs to have strong professional conversation etiquette, especially in person and over the phone when interacting with company representatives, clients and customers.
- Spoken and Written Communication: Clear communication and the ability to explain concepts in simple terms are used to help the customer work through problems and accurately describe products. The ability to draft professional emails and speak well are must haves.
- Problem-solving: This professional should be able to use critical and creative thinking to identify and resolve issues with products and orders.
- Can-do Mindset – Everyone wear’s many hats. The right candidate will not only be able to problem solve but will have a positive attitude and a drive to get things done and get them complete right the first time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s in Communication, Marketing, or Business preferred
- 2 years work experience in a similar role
- Fluent in English and Spanish is a plus
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Expedition Communications, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. Expedition Communications, LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Expedition Communications, LLC conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.