As the Marketing Communications Specialist you will be responsible for day-to-day oversight & coordination of projects and deliverables required for various aspects of the company. This would include but not be limited to sales collateral & form templates, PowerPoint presentations, training guides, asset library management, company events, tradeshows coordination, & special projects. This position utilizes critical thinking skills in time management, digital & traditional marketing, creativity, scheduling, proofing copy, blog/content development, social media, and project management. The person in this role will need to have strong interpersonal communication skills, as the role will work cross-departmentally.
The individual we are seeking will come with a clear focus on driving business results and improving processes. A solutions-based thinker with strong communication skills and a strong team mindset is a necessary.
The Marketing Communications Specialist, together with oversight and guidance from the VP, Sales & Marketing, will work together to plan for departmental needs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Assist the VP with developing & building out a sales collateral library and assets
- Create promotional product/service content for digital/print needs
- Develop sales documentation templates and manage updates
- Manage product image library and make edits, adding logos etc.
- Work cross-functionally with other department heads in collaboration to develop training guides and keep content up to date
- Research trade shows, make recommendations for attendance and coordinate
- Research speaking/content contribution opportunities for company to participate in
- Work with the VP and Sales directors to plan trainings for the sales team with vendors
- Summarize and document key takeaways from sales training for the team
- Research, concept and draft content, including blogs for the company website
- Oversee and manage company business cards
- Create and cultivate sustainable and scalable business practices
- Serve as a trusted brand advocate, always looking for new ways to present the company and act in an intentional and positive manner
- Understanding of marketing & advertising best practices.
- Experience building presentations.
- Basic experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, or other document creation tools.
- Ability to create promotional materials in the form of PDF flyers and/or web copy.
- Experience with SalesForce or other CRM platform is a plus but not mandatory.
- Have a proven track record of good relationship management.
- Have demonstrated success in managing projects from start to finish.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a problem-solving mindset.
- Availability to travel to meet customers in person or travel to shows.
- A team player, who is willing to complete other tasks as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s in Communication, Marketing, or Business preferred.
- 2 years work experience in a similar role.
- B2B experience is a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Expedition Communications, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. Expedition Communications, LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Expedition Communications, LLC conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.