JOB TITLE: Help Desk Support Specialist
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
LOCATION: Carlsbad, CA
The Help Desk Support Specialist will assist with technical issues associated with our products and services.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Assists users by answering questions and providing support in a timely manner.
- Provides problem resolution, reassigning or escalating advanced inquiries to appropriate technician or staff.
- Monitor ticket queues in company ticketing system.
- Talk customers through a series of actions, either via phone, email, or chat, until they have been solved the issue.
- Schedule service calls with end users and field service technicians and add to dispatch calendar.
- Contact client/end user for ticket status update and confirm onsite availability of end user to troubleshoot issue and complete ticket.
- Provide excellent customer service and attention to client needs utilizing all available resources to complete tasks to 100% satisfaction.
- Update tickets in real-time with troubleshooting notes, resolutions, and next steps.
- Troubleshoot issues with networking equipment (wireless access points, routers, switches, satellite broadband internet equipment and other hardware).
- Track calls to resolutions, within agreed time limits.
- Maintain courteous and professional relationships with clients.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to explain technical information in understandable language to nontechnical staff members.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Representative, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician, or similar experience.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Expedition Communications, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. Expedition Communications, LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Expedition Communications, LLC conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.