JOB TITLE: Technical Support Specialist II
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
LOCATION: Carlsbad, CA
The Technical Support Specialist II will provide technical assistance and answers to questions, assisting by troubleshooting problems with computer hardware or software.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Monitor ticket queues in EXPC ticketing system.
- Respond to cases in accordance with Service Level Agreements and follow EXPC Incident Management Process.
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries.
- Talk customers through a series of actions, either via phone, email, or chat, until solved the issue.
- Perform troubleshooting on customer issues of the entire EXPC line of products and services.
- Liaise with vendors in troubleshooting customer issues.
- Stage and configure equipment as needed.
- Schedule service calls with end users and field service technicians and add to dispatch calendar by abiding to time-sensitive service level agreements with our clientele.
- Update tickets in real-time with troubleshooting notes, resolutions, and next steps.
- Contact client/end user for ticket status update and confirm onsite availability of end user to troubleshoot issue and complete ticket.
- Provide excellent customer service and attention to client needs utilizing all available resources to complete tasks to 100% satisfaction.
- Maintain courteous and professional relationships with clients.
- Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience, required.
- At least four years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Knowledge of satellite communications.
- Knowledge of satellite KU and KA band networks.
- Knowledge of VSAT technology and VSAT components.
- Knowledge of Mobile VSAT systems Operational knowledge of iDirect platforms (i.e. iSite, IMonitor and iBuilder).
- Operational knowledge of Viasat platforms.
- Proficiency in RF, networking and video.
- Knowledge of the company’s ticketing systems.
- Knowledge of the company’s Incident Management Process.
- Travel is expected for this position if needed (up to 50%).
Expedition Communications, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. Expedition Communications, LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Expedition Communications, LLC conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.